Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dear Photograph

Okay seriously, Dear Photograph is my new favorite website. It combines 3 of my favorite things: photography, creativity, and remembering precious memories from the past. The basic premise is that you take an old photo, go to the location where the photo was originally taken, and retake a new picture featuring the old photo layed over the current landscape. Then the key is to add a caption that explains how you feel looking back at that photo. I literally sit and get teary eyed every time I visit! I can't wait to go home and find some of my old pictures to do this to! Here are some of my favorites from the website (I suggest clicking on the picture so you can get a bigger view and really see whats going on):

"Dear photograph, 
We outgrew the clothes, but we never outgrew the visits with you, Daddy."
"Dear photograph, 
Now that's how you grow a beard."
"Dear photograph, 
I'll never let go.-Dad"
"Dear photograph,
 Disney will always be magical, no matter what age."
"Dear photograph, 
Thank you for everything that we had."
"Dear photograph, 
Any idea where those dinosaur shorts are at?"
"Dear photograph,
Dad never took a picture of me, ever. Then I noticed his reflection in the glass.
Happy Father's Day, Dad."
"Dear photograph,
I looked good in a tux."

Okay! I'm done, I swear. I just love them all so much! Go visit: dearphotograph.com

No comments:

Post a Comment