At 6 months...
At 6 months...
- You wear 3-6 month clothes but pants are big around your waist
- You weigh about 16 pounds.
- You are still wearing size 2 diapers
- Most people say you resemble Titus but that you have much girlier features. I agree! You have looooong lashes and a cute little nose.
- We started you on baby food and you love it! You pretty much love all fruit and no veggies (you literally gag on green beans and peas). You do LOVE sweet potatoes, though!
- You go to bed around 7:30 and sometimes wake up around 4:30 to eat, but some days you sleep through til 6:30.
- Your nap "schedule" doesn't really exist because we are on brother's schedule. But you usually take a nap sometime around 9, 1:30, and 4:30/5. But the past few days you have refused to take the last nap, so it's probably time to move you to only two.
- You still nap in your swing like a champ. When I try to put you in the crib you nap TERRIBLY. Since you don't try to escape the swing we'll just keep you sleeping and happy until you grow out of it :)
- When you get tired you start making a lot of noise. It starts out as just talking, but after about 10 minutes you start to get squealy and I know it's time for bed.
- Your favorite toy is anything that you can chew on. I haven't felt any teeth yet but you are definitely chewing like it's your job!
- You like to sit in your rocker and look out the back door at the trees and the dogs and brother jumping on the trampoline
- You are getting closer to sitting up but you can't do it on your own
- You sleep in the crib at night and don't move hardly at all. You are seriously the most chill baby! You are also still swaddled because you whack yourself in the face at night and then lose your paci.
- Your hair is not changing colors! It is still very red.
- You figured out how to do this high-pitched squeal and you love it. It's usually out of nowhere and when nothing is even happening!
- All the workers in the nursery say that you are the sweetest baby there and you cuddle the whole time. I am not surprised, you love to cuddle.
- When you wake up in the morning you will stay in your swaddle and sit with me on the couch for a little bit. Can't say I blame you, I like to stay wrapped in my blanket for a few minutes after waking up, too!
- You give me open mouth kisses and squeeze my face in between your hands. You also grab onto my arm when I walk around with you and I love that.
- Your favorite activity is sitting in your walker. Sometimes you push yourself around, but I think you mostly like it because you can sit up. You will sit in the jumper but you don't jump at all, not even a little bit! You just look at the toys or smile at anyone in the room.
Haddie girl, you are seriously so laid back! I love your precious disposition. You will smile at anyone (and then duck into my shoulder like you are shy) and you're not afraid of strangers. You don't make a ton of noise, but you definitely can. When you are tired you SCREAM if you're not getting what you want. You are so much louder than your brother when you want to be! Fortunately, most of the time you just sit quietly and wait for someone to make eye contact with you so you can giggle. I sing you a song called "Just to See You Smile" anytime I change your diaper and your eyes light up. I really feel like I would to anything just to see you smile, because it's the sweetest thing on earth. I can't stop kissing your cheeks when you snuggle into me! I am so thankful for you, Haddie Mae. I hope you always want to be my best friend.