At 12 months you...
- You weigh 22 pounds.
- You wear size 4 diapers and 9-12 month clothes (definitely still need shorter pants).
- You sleep from about 8pm to 7am. You take two naps around 10:30 and 2:30.
- You have had 5 ear infections in 4 months, its been really awful. Right now we are on our 5th antibiotic plus Zyrtec in the morning and Benadryl at night to cut down on the drainage that is causing the infections. If this doesn't work you will have to get tubes, so we're hoping this will be the combo to get you healthy!
- You LOVE waving. You love waving so much that when I tried to teach you to clap you just waved at me some more.
- You still dislike your car seat but the iPad helps a lot. We'll probably turn you around soon because you are so unhappy.
- You don't really care much about eating and still like baby food a lot (you don't reject it in favor of table food like a lot of babies your age). I can never really tell if you're full or if you want more food because you just want out of your high chair.
- You don't like sitting in the shopping cart or stroller very much. In general, you hate anything that keeps your from crawling/trying to walk. And straps are like your worst nightmare! Most of the time you stand up in the shopping cart.
- You love bath time so much you will crawl into the bathroom throughout the day and stand at the side of the tub and giggle.
- You still love ceiling fans.
- You like to play in the yard, you could grab sticks and grass and hold them in the air to observe them for like an hour straight. You are so curious and detail oriented, you check everything out with great concern!
- You have started putting sounds together and say a lot of words like "glargle glargle" or "blurb" or "drawler." You have even said your first real word, "dog." You stand at the screen door and watch Bosco and Lucy and say dog (which kind of sounds like "dock").
- You love Yo Gabba Gabba.
- You like watching and chasing the vacuum!
- For whatever reason you love when I watch you play in your crib, or the "big bed" (mommy and daddy's bed) for that matter.
- You chase the dogs around the house and laugh/scream hysterically because you get so excited. They run away trying not to get caught which only makes you want to chase them more.
- You think it's fun to get your temperature taken with the forehead thermometer and you try to do it yourself.
- You love to dance and it has become my favorite thing that you do!
Oh sweet boy, what a year it has been. Things are so much easier and more entertaining at 12 months! You are such a loving snuggler and you give away smiles and giggles so easily. Everyone always comments on how much they love your laugh- I hope your joy continues to be infectious in years to come. Everyone says to cherish these baby moments because they go by so fast, and I can attest to the fact that time has, indeed, gone by very quickly. We are so lucky to call you our son and could not be more grateful for every minute, day, month, and year that the Lord allows us to shepherd you and fall even more in love with our short, wobbly, adorable, little boy. I can't wait to see what year two will hold and the many adventures we will have as we learn more about each other in the days to come. We love you to the moon and back, precious Titus.
First Birthday Party!