At 1 year and 3 months you...
- You weigh 21 pounds, since you started walking you seem a little taller and leaner. I am already missing that chubby baby!
- You wear size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothes (they are still a little big sometimes). You also have very tiny feet!
- You sleep from about 7:30pm-6:45am and are transitioning from 2 naps (usually at 10 and 2:30) to one nap (at 1pm). If you take one nap it's usually 2-2.5 hours long.
- You love the bath, but you HATE the bath if it's too close to your bedtime. Mostly because you freak out when we take you out of the bath.
- Are just coming out of a SUPER clingy phase. You are still pretty shy around new people, but for a little bit there you would cry if the greeter at Walmart even said hi to you.
- When you go to sleep at night or for naps you insist on taking random objects with you, like a rubber duck, shoes, a toothbrush, a shirt you found on the ground...
- You love both baby dolls and dirt equally. You play with your tulle skirts and put bows in your own hair, but you also won't hesitate to go and roll around in the yard with big brother.
- You are obsessed with books, way more than Titus ever was. You follow me around the house carrying books and screaming at me until I sit down and read it to you.
- You definitely have the music in you! Anytime you hear a song (or even Daddy playing the piano from the other room) you start bobbing and dancing.
- Every morning when I pull you out of your crib, you insist on going over and picking out a pair of shoes. I can't even change your diaper or jammies until we have selected your shoes for the day.
- Your favorite toys are really just whatever you see Titus playing with, his etch-a-sketch, the ipad, a helicopter with flashing lights. But you also love baby dolls and stuffed animals.
- Speaking of pacifiers, you still love them and we always have a couple with us at all times.
- You are generally very easy and happy UNLESS you don't get your way, like when I have to close the fridge so you don't pull all the food out. You will lay on the floor and SOB like someone ran over you.
- You love waving bye-bye but still don't talk much. You say cat, dog, ball, mama and a few other random words, but those aren't always consistent. You can sign for "more" and "all done" and are very proud of yourself when you do.
- You want to be outside all the time
- You love clapping for yourself when you do something well
- Your favorite activity is making a mess :) But really, you love pulling all the food out of the shelves or fridge, books and toys out of their storage, and throwing out all the kleenex or toilet paper when given the chance (you also like to put your hands in the toilet, yuck)
- You still hate vegetables and only get good nutrients through baby veggie pouches
- You will sit and cuddle and watch tv with me which I love, Titus would never do that as a baby!
At 3 year and 3 months you...
- You weigh 29 pounds and wear 2T clothes (although the pants can still be a little long and big around the waist)
- You sleep from about 9pm-6:45am with one nap in the afternoon (usually around 1:30-2) and nap for about 1.5 hours.
- Speaking of sleep... You hate it! No matter what time we put you down for the night, it typically we put you down around 8:30 and it takes you about an hour to stop coming out of your room and actually stay in bed and go to sleep.
- We potty trained right after your 3rd birthday and it was scary easy! I think because we didn't rush it you were way more ready, and so you basically potty trained yourself. It took about a month for you to get the hang of going #2 in the potty, but now you never have an accident!
- You are FUNNY. You tell the funniest stories and Daddy and I laugh at all the little thoughts you share with us.
- You are still very cautious, even more cautious than Haddie.
- You don't like loud noises and you sometimes get overwhelmed by large groups if it's chaotic. But a little alone time fixes you right up!
- You love your sister and you are very protective over her. If she is crying you start crying and you yell at me to help Haddie.
- But sometimes she also drives you crazy, especially when she is trying to play with what you're playing with. This usually ends in her getting pushed to the floor and you going to time out.
- Speaking of time out... Discipline has been a bit of a challenge lately. You are incredibly strong willed and stubborn, and not much affects you. Time out doesn't seem to phase you and spankings don't always work either. Lately the best thing has been to make you go to your room for 10-15 minutes, really making you miss out on all the family fun seems to be the only thing that gets your attention.
- Your favorite game to play with Haddie is to throw her paci across the room and have her go get it, basically fetch but with your baby sister instead of a dog :)
- You like to say, "You're the guy" anytime you are giving out orders. For example, I'll say, "I think Haddie needs a new diaper" and you will say, "you're the guy," meaning it's MY job to do it.
- You love watching almost any sport on tv with daddy
- Your favorite shows are Team Umizoomi and Curious George
- You are currently in a phase where you don't want to take a bath almost ever
- We have started working on reading and spelling because that is your favorite activity (you like to spell all kinds of words on your magnetic writing board)
- Your favorite book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and we've read it enough that you have memorized it and you now "read it" to yourself
Just this week I was telling Daddy how much fun it can be to play with both of you during the day. Not every day is easy, in fact most are probably more effort than they are reward by 5pm. BUT it's all worth it for the days when you are both behaving and making me laugh and loving on each other. Being your mommy is so fun! You will just look at each other in the backseat of the car and start laughing, it's like you have a secret sibling inside joke that only the two of you know. You really are best friends and play together much more often than you get upset with each other. I hope you are always this close and bring each other more joy than you can keep inside. I love you to the moon and back, to infinity and beyond, forever and ever.