At 2 months old you...
- Weigh 11lbs and moved into size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes 2 weeks ago. You are in the 25th percentile for height, 50th for weight, and 75th for head.
- Have taken a couple of bottles and do really well with them! You take 4-5oz but are breastfed unless I'm not home.
- You eat for about 20 minutes each feeding
- You have thankfully not had to get on medicine for Acid Reflux! Titus had it so bad, but I've only noticed minor symptoms in you (hiccups right after eating, throwing up during tummy time, lots of spit up after eating). But since it doesn't seem to bother you we're just rolling with it.
- Your last feeding is usually between 7:30-8:30. You start getting really cranky around then and want to be swaddled, in the dark, and put in your rock n' play. You get up once during the night (sleeping a 6-9 hour stretch) and then get up for the day between 7:30-9ish.
- You have great head control, you hold it up all the time and don't bobble at all.
- You aren't very content during awake time unless you are being held. But if you are being held you will coo and smile at anyone who will look at you!
- You started smiling at 6 weeks.
- You hardly ever nap more than 30 minute cat naps unless you are being held and it's quiet. Big Brother makes both of those things pretty impossible, but you don't get too cranky about the lack of naps.
- You don't like being put into your car seat very much and you don't fall asleep very easily in the car UNLESS I am holding in your paci and then you are out like a light.
- Speaking of, you LOVE your pacifier. And the noise you make when you are sucking on it is adorable!
- You hit a toy hanging from your play mat gym today and scared yourself when it swung back and forth. But you were also very amazed at what happened!
- You have started making little gurgling noises when you are trying to laugh. Ohhhhh, how it melts my heart.
- You wake up happy in the mornings, it's the craziest thing. Titus always woke up hungry and crying, but you just wake up smiling and talking to me like it hasn't been 4 hours since you last ate. I love this so much about you! I hope this means joy will always come easily for you.
- You don't do tummy time because you have throw up horribly every time we have tried.
- You kick your arms and legs like crazy when you are impatient to eat. But when you're not hungry and just hanging out you are completely relaxed and fine to sit still and watch the world go by.
I know it's cliche, but I really can't remember what life was like before we had you, baby girl. It's only been two months but I swear I've never lived a day without you. Maybe that's what being a mommy is all about, loving someone who was always meant to be yours. I am yours, forever and a day. One day you will grow up and probably move away, but I hope that when you think about coming "home" that what you see are the faces of Daddy, Titus and I. We love you to the moon and back, Little Love.
Cousin Madeline- born six weeks apart
We tried (unsuccessfully) to take some family pictures. But you looked cute!