At 24 months...
- You weigh 25 pounds.
- You wear size 4 diapers and 18 or 18-24 month clothes (18 month pants)
- You sleep from about 9 to 7:30and take one nap from about 2:00-3:30/4:00.
- You are getting in your 2 year molars and they are a PAIN. Definitely the worst teething set yet!
- You still love letters and numbers and when you get excited you will yell "TEN!" or "EIGHTEEN!" which are your favorite numbers.
- You have started saying a lot more vocabulary words! My favorite things you say right now are
- "Wherego?" (Where'd it go? You put your hands in the air and ask this anytime you throw a ball or toy somewhere)
- "Ass-sauce" (applesauce)
- "Hep" (help)
- You still have trouble expressing yourself when you are really upset or want something, which is frustrating for everyone involved. But I'm sure you will pick it up before too long!
- You are obsessed with your chalkboard doors in your bedroom. You want us to go back there and draw on them all day, mostly the alphabet, of course.
- My favorite thing you do right now is dance to daddy's record player (you love CCR)
- You want daddy to chase you all the time and you STILL giggle like an old man
- Your favorite toys right now your ball pit (a slide into a blow up pool filled with plastic balls), tee-ball set, basketball goal, and alphabet games/magnets.
- Your favorite show is probably Curious George. You also like Dinosaur Train, Super Why (it's about letters and reading), Bubble Guppies, and Sesame Street.
- You still don't love vegetables, but you will eat pickles like there's no tomorrow. Other foods you love are mac n' cheese, pizza, yogurt, applesauce, blueberries, blackberries, watermelon, oranges, bananas, waffle with peanut butter, PB&J, and Thai/chinese food.
- You still love bath time, but you HATE getting your hair washed. We have to save it for the end because you freak out and try to climb out.
- You are entering into your "terrible twos" and boy they are not kidding about them being terrible. You throw a fit when you have to share toys, if something doesn't work the first time you try it you FREAK OUT like it's the end of the world, and when you don't want to do something (saying "please" or "help") you will throw a fit for 10 minutes and not think twice about it.
- You have started understanding when I tell you we're going to play with your friends. You repeat their names "Gooks" (Brooks) and "Gah-son" (Garrison).
- You're number one request every day is "Outside?" We are BOTH ready for it to be consistently warm so we can just hang out in the backyard! You are getting a trampoline for your birthday and you may never come back inside ;)
- You are obsessed with the moon. Anytime it's getting close to dark outside you want to look for it and ask about it. You are also obsessed with airplanes and look for those when we are outside!
- You are strangely, and wonderfully empathetic for a two year old. If you throw a toy and it hits me (or you hit me on purpose because you're mad) I will say, "Owie! That hurt mommy." And you immediately tear up and run to give me a big hug. You have also hugged and held me a lot when I've had weird hormonal outbursts during this pregnancy. Not to mention when other kids or a baby is crying you make sure to alert me and give them hugs too!
With your best buddy and neighbor, Brooks
Meeting your cousin, Madeline!
Always playing basketball, even when you brush!