At almost 3 years...
- Words I would use to describe you: creative, thoughtful, short-tempered, sweet, nurturing, repetitive, independent
- You have started pretending when you play. You like to make food with your playdoh (usually pickles and hot dogs) which you want me to eat. I also hear you occasionally talking to a toy about the rules and telling it to go to time out.
- You have become way more obedient in the past few months. You spent a lot of time in time out (or just in your crib reading books when you needed to cool down) and you've become acquainted with the paddle. But I think it's mostly because your communication skills have really gotten to a point where you can explain yourself better.
- You are doing better with your naps and starting to sleep in your big bed some. We haven't fully transitioned out of your crib, but we're getting close.
- You are the best big brother. You pile up toys around "Baybee Hahdee" and put her paci in when she gets upset. As soon as she makes a noise on the monitor in the morning or after a nap you will say, "Time doe det Baybee Hahdee! Doe det Baybee Hahdee, Mommy!" and you run in there and climb in her crib. Then you usually start saying, "mamamamamama! dadadadada!" because you know she thinks it's funny when I say that.
- Right now your favorite things are letters (still), playdoh, kids scissors (you just cut paper up forever and ever), youtube videos and anything you can write with
- Every morning you get up and say, "ready doe car?" meaning you want to get in the car and go somewhere. Then when we do get in the car you inevitably crawl in the front seat when I'm not looking and throw a fit when you have to get in your carseat. You love riding in the driver's seat down to Brooks' house!
- You have started sounding out words but you don't really like to do it with me very often, you'd rather write your letters and numbers instead.
- You get SO MAD if someone pushes or hits you or takes a toy from you and I don't let you push or hit them back. You just fall to the floor and cry, just let a kid defend himself, mom!
- Speaking of falling to the floor... You are still VERY dramatic. You throw yourself on the floor when you get upset, even about the smallest thing. You have very little patience when it comes to accomplishing a task, you usually give up after one try and start wailing.
- You have started asking me a lot of questions. "Are you told?" (cold) "Is dat good?" (food) "I look pretty?"
- You repeat a lot of things, including when daddy calls me "babe," then the next time you address me you say things like, "is dat good, babe?" Daddy learned the this lesson the hard way when you started trying to repeat him when he said "dadgummit" but it comes out like "oh, dammit!" He now says "goodness gracious." :)
- You usually want to pray before bed, but I've had to start telling you, "remember, we don't pray for letters and numbers" because all you want to say you're thankful for is every single letter and number (it's neverending!)
- When I ask you who your best friend is you usually say Mommy or Brooks
- Your favorite foods are hot dog, pickle, hamburger, apple sauce, yogurt, blackberries and strawberries, Mac n cheese, pizza, and ice cream, of course.
- You love "school" (Mother's Day Out) and your teachers say you write and draw letters all day long. You also like our trips to the gym so you can play with the big kids.
- When we are driving you will tell me to go "dis way" and then cry if we don't (even if you point through someone's yard).
- Anytime you're cold you request a towel because that's what warms you up after bath time.
- You like the idea of going potty, and if I ask you then you'll run in and pee on your little potty. But you are terrified of the "big boy potty" and won't even think about pooping anywhere but your diaper, so for now we are not pushing potty training.
- You helped Daddy take down your crib this month and now you are sleeping in your big boy bed. You didn't even seem to notice much!
You are such a special piece of our family, Titus James. You keep things from ever being boring and are constantly saying new things that get daddy and I laughing like crazy. But you are also very independent, so if I'm putting Haddie down for a nap or busy in the kitchen, you will play with toys by yourself (sometimes for 30-45 minutes!). You are also good about entertaining Haddie if I need to get dressed or go to the bathroom. You will take out a million toys and pile them up around her so she can "play" with you. She smiles at you unlike she smiles at anyone else; she is always watching you no matter where you go and just waits for you to look her direction so she can giggle at you again. I am so glad that you are the best of friends! Even though you're only 2, sometimes I feel like you are going on 12 because you are so smart and helpful. You are definitely the firstborn child, you love to throw things away and help me "cwean up."
At night time when I put you to bed you and I have a little ritual that goes like this:
Me: I love you to the moon
You: And back
Me: To infinity
You: And eeyond (beyond)
You And ever
This will always be true, my sweet boy! You were my first little baby and in a lot of ways you will always be that in my heart :)