At 15 months you...
- You took your first steps at 13 months and started walking at 14 months.
- You say mama, dada, dog, and bye regularly. You also say bird and cracker occasionally, and you "call the hogs" with mommy and daddy! Other words you say in your own language are bottle ("dah doh") and Bosco ("dog-doh").
- You are 28 inches tall and weigh 22 pounds. You are in the 5th percentile for height, 25th for weight, and 75th for head. You still only have 6 teeth but seem to constantly be drooling from some unforeseen teething! You have curly blonde hair and blue eyes like Uncle Jared but your face is a perfect mix of daddy and me.
- You take two naps about an hour each, one around 10:30 and one around 2:30. You go to bed between 7:30-8:30 and for the past couple of months have been getting up between 6-6:30! Not good for mommy. Luckily you have moved back to 7:00 this week so I'm hoping you are back to normal!
- Your favorite activities are playing basketball with daddy, stacking blocks, climbing stairs, and playing with the hose.
- You love the bath tub but you don't like pools (even baby pools with just a little water).
- You love most foods, especially fruit. Your favorite foods are waffles with peanut butter, spaghetti, green beans, veggie straws, pickles, and graham crackers.
- You still take a while to warm up to large groups of people. You usually prefer to play independently for a while and then you eventually join in the action. Grandmother says that daddy was just like this as a baby!
- You like to "count to three" like mommy does when she pushes you on the swing (even though you just make the noises, not the words).
- You hate sitting still. Even in the stroller or wagon you only want to ride for about 20 minutes before getting out.
- We have officially reached the fit stage; I think it's possible that we could have arrived at the "terrible twos" early. You scream bloody murder if I turn off the hose or tell you not to throw food off your high chair. And heaven forbid a door opens and you don't get to go outside... You throw yourself on the ground and bang your head on the floor! You have also perfected your "NONONONONONO" scream while simultaneously going into full body spasms. Oy.
- But when you are happy (which really is most of the time) you have the best laugh and smile! You like to laugh when you hear someone else laughing just to join in the fun (you also do this with sneezing). You are great at playing independently and will talk to your toys without me needing to play with you.
You are turning into such a funny little boy! You love playing chase and watching daddy dribble the basketball. We love going outside and just watching you chase the dogs around while giggling. You think they are so funny! We are loving watching how your personality comes out as you get older (even your feisty and stubborn side!). As you continue to grow sometimes I look at you and it seems like my baby has completely grown up, but at nighttime when you cuddle on my chest I know you are still there. We love you sweet boy, forever and always, to the moon and back.