Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Third Trimester


Pregnancy Update
How far along?  36 weeks
Total weight gain: 27lbs
Maternity clothes? Even those are starting to get tight. And my trusty maternity tights are making my belly itch! I'm basically living in yoga pants and maxi dresses at this point
Sleep: Ugh, the worst part right now. Because of the way Haddie is laying, it KILLS my back to lay flat for more than about an hour. So I've had to move to the couch so I can sleep sitting up. It's relatively comfortable, but I really miss my bed!
Best moment this week: We've had a couple "Sprinkles" with friends and family the last couple of weeks that have been really sweet. Haddie's room is finally finished and all her clothes (and headbands, I bought way too many) are all just waiting for her to wear them!

Miss Anything? Everything. I don't remember being so over pregnancy at this point with Titus, ha! I miss sleeping well and not having to pee constantly and most importantly, I miss my baby boy being able to snuggle on my chest and not squish my belly.
Movement: A lot more rolling than kicking now. And a lot of movement in my ribs, that's been pretty uncomfortable.
Food cravings: Mexican food! Same thing with Titus: craved it the first few weeks, couldn't stand it for most of my pregnancy, craving it again my last few weeks. And still Nutty Bars, of course ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Dirty diapers make me feel a little nauseous. Or throwing out old food that can't be eaten, I've actually thrown out a couple things of tupperware leftovers because the thought of washing out the old food made me feel sick
Gender: Definitely a girl! We did a 3D ultrasound around 28 weeks and the tech said she is most assuredly a she :)

Labor Signs: So different this time around! With Titus I couldn't really tell if I was ever having Braxton-Hicks, I would only ever feel an occasional tightening. Then my water broke at 37 weeks and we were very surprised! This time around I've been feeling the tightening contractions since about 26/28 weeks and since about 33 I've been having some painful ones. I now average probably 3ish an hour and they make me feel short of breath and like I really have to pee. I'm kind of excited thinking about going into labor and counting contractions instead of just having my water break. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I just want to experience it both ways!
Symptoms: No heartburn this time around, thank goodness! Wonder if that means Haddie will be bald... Also not having to pee as often as I did with Titus, but that's because Haddie is transverse breach right now (sideways) so her head is not down yet to push on my bladder.
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? on-no major swelling yet
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly just tired. Which makes me moody, but not because of hormones necessarily
Looking forward to: Haddie flipping head down! We are praying that our sweet girl can turn down on her own. I'm currently doing some exercises at home and going to the chiropractor to try and get her to move head down. If she doesn't move by next week, we will have to do a special procedure where the doctor tries to turn her, and if none of these things work, we may end up having a c-section. But Garland frequently reminds me that the most important thing is that's she's born safe even if it's not the birth plan I imagined, and he is so right!

Here are some pictures from this trimester:
30 WEEKS


32 WEEKS
Left with Titus, right with Haddie

 33 WEEKS

 36 WEEKS

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment