Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2 Months

I can't believe it's been two months since I've blogged! It is an anomaly of being a new mom that you can be completely busy all day and yet get nothing accomplished. Promise I'll get back to blogging soon! I have a lot of thoughts bouncing around about everything I've learned in the past few months... For now, I'll just give you the two month update! Can you believe he's 8 weeks old??

Dear Titus,
At two months old you...


  • Weight 10lbs and are almost out of newborn clothes and diapers (but 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers still look huge on you, so we'll have to wait a little bit before moving up!)
  • Eat a 5oz bottle for your last feeding at night and the rest of the day you are breastfed.
  • You are such a slow eater! You eat for 40 minutes every 2.5 hours. This is really cramping mommy's schedule, so please start eating faster ;)
  • You have developed Acid Reflux and started Zantac 3 weeks ago. Last week you started choking on acid during the night and had to sleep on mommy's chest to be able to breathe :( It was very scary but we switched you to Prevacid and it seems to be working better. You still gurgle a lot during the day from the acid, but it doesn't seem to bother you too much!
  • In the past 4-5 days you have started settling into a general schedule. You eat for the last time between 8-9pm and then sleep until 4am. You wake up and feed then go back to sleep at 5am (after 40ish minutes of feeding, a diaper change, and sometimes 10-15 minutes of soothing to get back down), then sleep until 8-8:30am. At this point the schedule basically ends, lol, and you just eat and nap whenever you want throughout the rest of the day.
  • When you are wide awake you can hold your head up on your own. When you get sleepy it starts to bob all over the place.
  • You seem like you are bored with not being able to move enough and are ready to walk! You kick your legs all the time and love standing.
  • Sometimes you smile but it never seems in response to anything I'm doing. In fact, when I try to make you laugh you cross your eyes and turn your mouth into a little "o" and just stare at me like I'm an idiot!
  • Napping is still hard for you and you don't do it very soundly. But you sleep very soundly at night, so it's okay by me!
  • You don't like being put into your car seat very much but you always fall asleep in the car. You do, however, love being in your stroller and the Baby Bjorn!
  • Your favorite thing to do is look out the window from the living room recliner. You sit on your boppy lounger and just stare and coo and kick for up to an hour.
  • You prefer tummy time on mommy or daddy instead of the floor, but it doesn't matter because you are already a very strong little boy!
  • You play with your tongue all the time, I guess it's because it's the only thing you really have any control over :)


When you fall asleep in my arms I think that I will never ever move again because I don't want the moment to end. Your sweet, sleeping face and gentle sighs and giggles as you nod off make everything else worth while. I can't wait until you can do it on purpose when you are awake!








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment