Monday, May 2, 2011

Quick Entry...

I don't have much time today so I'm just gonna give you the highlights of wrapping up the diet!

Here is what I have learned from the past 17 days:
---I cannot sustain this diet for 2 reasons:
1) It is too expensive to buy only fresh produce right now and nothing else.
2) I genuinely LOVE food. I didn't realize this before but it's not just being addicted to junk food, I actually enjoy tasting the different cuisines and flavors like a hobby.

---I have grown a "food conscience" that kicks in anytime I could be eating healthier but I'm thinking about not. For instance, it is not even a question that I will eat wheat bread instead of white, skim milk instead of 2%, and low fat or fat free everything where it's an option (rolls, dressing, cheese, yogurt, etc.).

---I had ice cream for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday and it tasted like absolute HEAVEN. I really do enjoy the feeling of ice cream as a special treat instead of an every week dessert.

---I still desperately miss coke, but I am trying to only drink it on the weekends if we go out to eat.

---My weight is about the same but I do feel healthier and better about myself knowing I'm putting (mostly) only the good stuff in my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment