Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Day Down...

16 more to go!
And the good news is, I am already 2.3 pounds lighter! Now I know that this is not actual fat loss, but hey, seeing that smaller number gives me a great incentive after my first day to stick with the strict diet!


Here is what I have learned so far:
1) Eating healthier makes you hungry quicker. I start to get hungry about every hour to hour and a half because I am not eating heavy, complex fats that take a long time to digest. This is both good and bad because I am eating much smaller portions but man am I eating a lot! If my schedule wasn't so flexible this could be a real problem because once you are hungry your resolve starts to soften and a drive-thru window starts to sound pretty incredible.
2) Drinking 64 ounces of water a day makes you pee A LOT. It really makes me happy to know that the only liquid I'm drinking is God made and FREE! But drinking this much of it means I go to the bathroom like 15 times a day (no joke). I know it's flushing out my system but it's a little annoying.
3) My junk food craving is worse at night. Normally, I start my day off with a coke and maybe a granola bar. Then for lunch I either eat leftovers, salad, fast food, lean pockets, or soup. I really don't eat much during the day because in the past my plan was to save up all my calories for dinner when I could eat the REALLY good stuff. This, of course, was a terrible idea because while I was up and moving around all day my body could be working off calories but instead I waited for my calorie overload when I was about to sit/sleep for the rest of the night. Needless to say, after years of this habit I am experiencing what I call "Phantom Hunger" around 8pm at night. I'm not actually hungry, I'm just used to being stuffed like a turkey at night.


Here is my meal worksheet for Day 1:


DAY 1


Breakfast
Protein or probiotic serving: Strawberry Yogurt (non-fat)
Fruit serving:         Strawberries 

Lunch
Protein or probiotic serving:    Grilled Chicken Salad
Cleansing Vegetables:    Lettuce, cucumber, carrots  

Dinner
Protein Serving:     Ground Chicken burgers
Cleansing Vegetables:   Steamed Broccoli, onion in burger

Snacks
2nd Fruit serving:      Strawberries       
2nd Probiotic serving:   Blackberry Yogurt (fat free)

Other
Friendly fat serving:    Light Balsamic dressing for lunch
Friendly fat serving:    A teaspoon of low fat steak sauce in burgers

No comments:

Post a Comment