Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowpocalypse

One thing that is bothering me right now: 
I know everyone else loves the snow, and as an idea, I do too. But as a walking, freezing, driving reality, I have realized something about myself this week. I, in fact, do not like snow very much. I find it annoying and yucky and besides the fact that it is very, very white, I don't really like much about it. Here are reasons I do not like it:
-Everybody FREAKS OUT on the roads and you'd think it was the apocalypse.
-Buying regular groceries is impossible as every woman in the four state area is packed into Walmart shopping for what appears to be the apocalypse.
-I sat in a gas station line for 20 minutes waiting to fill up because apparently everyone in the whole world needs a full tank of gas in the car they will not be driving because of the road conditions (due to the snowpocalypse).
-Where there is snow, there is below freezing weather and I HAAAAAAATEEEEE being cold. period. I want to go back to last week where it was 50 degrees in January. That is the part of Arkansas weather that I love!
-After a couple of days it will build up on the side of the road and be brown and black and gross looking. Now the only thing going for it, the pretty, sparkly, white powder part, looks like watery dirty piles everywhere. Worst.
-I don't like the idea of being stuck in my house for days at a time. I am not a good enough meal planner to have stuff just laying around to cook for two weeks of being shut in. Plus I get stir crazy really easily.
-I dislike when public services are shut down. If I can make it out to your restaurant, shop, service provider, then you can too.


I realize that this sounds really depressing and demanding, and I accept that. I feel depressed due to the snow and cold and therefore demand that life continues as normal. Is that too much to ask?
WE LIVE IN ARKANSAS PEOPLE! HALF AN INCH OF SNOW IS NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment