Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I was Not Expecting That...

Okay, so here's the deal. There are tons of pregnancy symptoms/side effects that I knew about from my job. Probably hundreds, actually; I think I'd heard of everything under the sun. But as my pregnancy progresses, I'm realizing that I will never understand the depths of what this baby is capable of doing to my body.


First of all, I have no immune system. You know that disorder where your body can't fight off anything and you have to live in a blow up ball so that nothing can get to you?(remember when Jake Gyllenhaal was in that movie Bubble Boy ? Man, has he come a long way). Well it's basically like that. We've had this incredible winter that has been in the 50s and 60s every day, the sun shines, I'm into the good part of my pregnancy where I have energy and feel great, yada yada yada. It's all butterflies and rainbows except for the fact that I have been hacking up a lung for over a month (not to mention, snotty, stuffy, runny, achy, general yickiness). I tried everything, rest, vitamin c, antibiotics, plenty of pregnancy safe OTC meds (which all suck because you can only take the products that remove the good stuff!), and I'm just now starting to feel a little better.


Secondly, my thigh randomly goes numb? What the? I was really confused by this one. At first it would only happen when I would wake up and realize I had rolled onto my back and the outer part of my left thigh (same place every time) would feel like it was asleep. I'd roll over to my side again and it would completely go back to normal. As Titus has gotten bigger the last couple of weeks, it has happened a couple times when I was standing as well. I assumed it was lack of blood flow because of his positioning, but after doing a little professional research (google and pregnancy forums) I've found out that this problem is actually quite common. And it's not a blood flow thing, it's actually a nerve thing! Basically the additional weight to the front of me has caused my back to be slightly out of line and (supposedly) getting it adjusted by a chiropractor will fix it. Who knew!


Lastly, I think my stomach is trying to escape to my ankles. Seriously, sometimes I just hold it up to reduce gravity's pull. I'm sure this is a pretty normal thing for most women, but it's definitely new to me over the past couple of months. It is definitely giving me a preview of what it would be like to have a beer belly, so this will be something I never allow to happen in the future!


Rambling completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment