Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Day of Blessings

Man, today is incredible. The weather is unbelievable, we got some great news on a personal front (to be shared at a later date), and some very dear friends of ours who have been in the adoption process for a year just got the call that a baby is waiting to be loved by them.
Sometimes God's goodness is so profound and overwhelming that I can't decided whether I'm about to dance around the room or sob for joy. So I'm going to go with the combination and dance for joy and I think my boy David knew a little something about this feeling:

Psalm 66

 1 Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth!

    2 Sing about the glory of his name!
      Tell the world how glorious he is.
 3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
      Your enemies cringe before your mighty power.
 4 Everything on earth will worship you;
      they will sing your praises,
      shouting your name in glorious songs.”


Psalm 9

 1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;

 I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
 2 I will be filled with joy because of you.
      I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.


Psalm 33

 1 Let the godly sing for joy to the Lord;



      it is fitting for the pure to praise him.
 2 Praise the Lord with melodies on the lyre;
      make music for him on the ten-stringed harp.
 3 Sing a new song of praise to him;
      play skillfully on the harp, and sing with joy.
 4 For the word of the Lord holds true,
      and we can trust everything he does.
 5 He loves whatever is just and good;
      the unfailing love of the Lord fills the earth.


Psalm 47


 1 Come, everyone! Clap your hands!



      Shout to God with joyful praise!
 2 For the Lord Most High is awesome.
      He is the great King of all the earth.

Psalm 63


 3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
      how I praise you!


 4 I will praise you as long as I live,
      lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
 5 You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
      I will praise you with songs of joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment